Skip to main content

My BFFs


  We could be celebrating (hypothetically) seven years of friendship now! These two girls mean a lot to me. The beauty is that no matter what they do, right or wrong, I dont go all judgmental (even in my mind). And I feel the same thing when I tell them my sweet secrets and dark secrets. So I dont think twice before sharing my life with them. The best part was the fact that we stayed so close by that we could meet up almost daily. Way back in college, when we used to go to the same tuition, meeting everyday was mandatory anyway. So, we had to meet at one place at around 6 45 in the mornings to go the tuition, to which we would walk. And, the walk! It would hardly take five minutes but it felt like a long fulfilling walk where in those few minutes while we walked to the tuition. All the things that happened  the  previous day would be updated in that little promenade. Laugh like lunatics, comment on each and every person or even animal that pass by us. We even did Maths assignments together. And the colony where we used to take our evening walks, that historic bench we sat on (We  sat on the same bench all these years!) , vaguely watch the guys play football in the ground that was in front of us, and talk everything and nothing. The future, the past, the present. Even the silence when we sit there on that bench is relaxing. Just watching the colors of the sky and watch it get dark and watch the mosquitoes begin to bite us. Thats when we decide to head back home, and it would take an eternity to reach the gate where we are supposed to depart. 
                      Now, seven years later, we have reached a stage where it is almost impossible to make our bench meeting happen. We are busy with our lives, and we are busy nourishing other important relationships with time. We can no longer go on evening walks just to grab a paneer puff or wander away aimlessly. Whenever we find time we end up having sleepovers because we will have a zillion things to update.I 'm just so happy that they are a part of my life. Our adda will remain historic.Cheers!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tail of rejections

Although I'd like to believe that I'm an ambivert (none buy that. They can bet I'm an introvert at the first meeting), I can listen to people and empathize. I'm a person who always thinks "What will the other person think?" and with all the good organizational skills and decent EQ - I thought I'd make a good HR professional. A bubble of a dream. That bursts eventually. That's right - with every call for an interview I get, there is a bubble created in my mind. A momentary dream that takes me to a space where I work in that place and I mull over how it would be, and what I would like or dislike about the job. This happens every single time.  And thus became a tale of rejections....... Ever since I had decided to take up the one-year managerial executive program, PGDM weekend course, people advised me about the unlikeliness of higher pay - one is because it’s not a regular MBA degree, it’s a PG diploma, and two, it’s Human Resources of all th...

Will India be better for women in future?

Recently the country was begrimed with a documentary ‘India’s daughter’ with regard to the nightmarish incident that occurred in December 2012. A girl in her early twenties was gang-raped in a moving bus in Delhi - this is what I knew. Rape cases - I get to hear or read about it often.  I do not know to what extent the documentary was polished, but one thing was sure - I was outrageous to listen to what the driver, Mukesh, and the defense attorney had to say. I was immensely disturbed mentally, so much that I was in depression for the entire day till I had to force myself to cheer up as I was going on a vacation. Even there, those baseless and harsh words said in the short film were haunting me like an evil devil. I wanted to write about it and vent out my anger on the whole issue but could not bring myself to do it then.     To think of it now, what the defense attorney (I have no clue why you even need a defense for this crime) said spoke the minds of most ...

My Travel Stories - Pondi!

      I wanted to visit Pondi from a long time, and finally did this Holi! Every Holi I end up planning a quick getaway, knowingly or unknowingly making us not play Holi in this process. For the record, Augus and I have NEVER celebrated Holi together. After days of mulling over and considering the potential places we could go, we decided upon Pondicherry. I was agitated when Augus told “No” to a place that has wildlife, to a place that has beaches and to a place that has mountains. That is almost telling a n o for a vacation itself! Meano!     I was determined that I needed a break. A break from breaking my head over “What do I make for breakfast?” (That’s approved by Augus and his parents - mind you, I can count on one hand the number of South Indian dishes for breakfast the entire house agree upon. Sigh!). A break from the talks. The not-so-interesting talks that happen in the house, where all I can say is Ummm and nothing else, while o...