Skip to main content

Back from "there"!


It's been a LONG time since I penned a blogpost. Ahem, thanks to the no-talent-only-traffic site I got introduced to that also made small bucks apparently. For every post, view and like they credited a cent to our "bank" and we could redeem it once we reach $ 50. I am not gonna mention the name of the site, I think you know it. I did spend a LOT of time into it, publishing posts like I am making rotis - one after the other (The limit is 10 at the max per day, I wish even making rotis had that limit!). But let me tell you, I did not earn a single dollar. When the trend was hot and people were actually redeeming $50 after $50, I was still getting used to it. And now, I have reached $40 and it is just not inching forward. I have had a lot of patience to make my bank show $40 and now, at this point, I give up. Give up after realizing that this new site in disguise of a demon had curtailed my loyalty towards Twitter and this blog. Kinda not fair man! I should have stuck to writing in a place where people (well, at least 1 person in this blog's lifetime) read it at least, and not "like it" as a favor (without even reading it) for their 1 cent earned when I like their posts back. Ugh! So many good memories are published there that might not even be of any use, except a few likes here and there. I now regret depending on it to make memories. Sigh! I think I am almost over that site now. It needed a while. So I guess I will write more often here on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bride Me

          For the longest time I've been wanting to write this post. I have been through such extreme emotions lately that I've become numb to criticisms. Anyway, I want to be less sad right now, among all the things happening around me and in my mind. Where do I start from, Um, okay! I'm a bride-to-be now with less than a fortnight away for the big day. No, I'm not gonna bore you with my wedding preparations ( or how much  tensed I am about how the tailor stitches my attire). No, I'm not gonna talk about the huge epic-sode that happened when I tried to elope and my parents agreed to marry me finally (or the pain of a Hindu Brahmin- Roman Catholic wedding issues). Fret not.                I have been living in one house (named Trupthi - meaning 'satisfaction') for two and a half decades and I'm a deep-rooted person, meaning I love this city and my world in the city - my house, my locality, my food, my people. Since five years I have been spending le

My BFFs

  We could be celebrating (hypothetically) seven years of friendship now! These two girls mean a lot to me. The beauty is that no matter what they do, right or wrong, I dont go all judgmental (even in my mind). And  I feel the same thing when I tell them my sweet secrets and dark secrets. So I dont think twice before sharing my life with them. The best part was the fact that we stayed so close by that we could meet up almost daily. Way back in college, when we used to go to the same tuition, meeting everyday was mandatory anyway. So, we had to meet at one place at around 6 45 in the mornings to go the tuition, to which we would walk. And, the walk! It would hardly take five minutes but it felt like a long fulfilling walk where in those few minutes while we walked to the tuition. All the things that happened  the  previous day would be updated in that little promenade. Laugh like lunatics, comment on each and every person or even animal that pass by us. We even did Maths assignment

Tail of rejections

Although I'd like to believe that I'm an ambivert (none buy that. They can bet I'm an introvert at the first meeting), I can listen to people and empathize. I'm a person who always thinks "What will the other person think?" and with all the good organizational skills and decent EQ - I thought I'd make a good HR professional. A bubble of a dream. That bursts eventually. That's right - with every call for an interview I get, there is a bubble created in my mind. A momentary dream that takes me to a space where I work in that place and I mull over how it would be, and what I would like or dislike about the job. This happens every single time.  And thus became a tale of rejections....... Ever since I had decided to take up the one-year managerial executive program, PGDM weekend course, people advised me about the unlikeliness of higher pay - one is because it’s not a regular MBA degree, it’s a PG diploma, and two, it’s Human Resources of all th